Facelift surgery, also known as a rhytidectomy, is a procedure in which a plastic surgeon lifts the middle and lower part of the face. Few facial plastic surgeries have significant facelift effects. For a consultation to perform this cosmetic surgery, you can visit Blue Angel Poly Clinic , the best plastic surgery clinic in Dubai. In this process, the most up-to-date techniques are used to create a natural face and lasting results without leaving scars.
Ideal facelift candidates
All people who have good general health and have loose and sagging skin and tissue in the areas of the jaw, chin, and neck are good candidates for this treatment. There are different levels of face lifting depending on the scope of lifting or the amount of tightening required in the skin. Men and women from the beginning of their fourth decade of life are considered volunteers for this cosmetic treatment process.
The best age for a facelift
There is no minimum or maximum age limit for rhytidectomy. Each patient’s goals, aesthetic concerns, and medical history are different. Generally speaking, face lifting is suitable for those people whose skin has become loose and sagging and many wrinkles have appeared on it.
The success and durability of the result of a facelift depend on the skeletal support, the state of soft tissue volume, the weight of the skin, and other anatomical factors that can support the facial structure after surgery.
The best plastic surgeon in Dubai carefully examines the facial skin and, if you are recognized as a good candidate for face lifting, discusses your beauty goals.
Most of the patients who seek facelift surgery are between 40 and 70 years old. According to the available statistics, 66% of patients are in the age group of 54 years, 32% are in the age group of 40-45 years, and about 2% of them are between the ages of 20-29 years.
In general, if you have good general physical and mental health and do not suffer from any particular disease, you are considered an ideal candidate for this treatment. Also, having reasonable expectations and not being a smoker are considered requirements for volunteering for rhytidectomy.
the face-lift advantages include the following:
- Improving sagging of the middle part of the face
- Reduction of wrinkles and lines under the eyes
- Reduction of folds and wrinkles and lines between the lips and nose
- Improving the appearance of the skin in the jaw area and eliminating sagging
- Reduction of sagging neck skin
Types of facelift
SMAS lift is a deeper type of surgery that not only involves removing some skin but also removes part of the subcutaneous fat tissue. In this process, the SMAS is not removed but folded in a way that it is shortened and stretched upwards. This process is low risk and gives lasting results.
Lifting the middle part of the face is a process that is suitable for patients with sagging cheeks, hollows under the eyes, and deep wrinkles between the lips and nose. This process rejuvenates the lower eyelids and cheeks and is effective in achieving a younger and fuller face. The best plastic surgeon in Dubai makes small incisions in the hair growth line in the temple area and through them pulls up the tissue of the middle part of the face.
A traditional technique is great for lifting cheek, jaw, and neck tissues and placing them in the right position. Often, a forehead lift is also performed at the same time. The best plastic surgeon in Dubai uses multiple techniques for rhytidectomy based on individual needs and preferences. In most cases, the doctor pulls the underlying muscles and deeper tissues vertically and pulls the skin laterally to improve the overall condition of the face. In some cases, only the cheeks and upper jaw are stretched. If jaw-dropping and loose neck skin is the main concern of the patient, the surgeon will combine neck and facelift. A rhytidectomy removes excess skin while tightening supporting structures such as muscle and connective tissue. He uses facial rejuvenation techniques such as endoscopic lift, SMAS, advanced SMAS, and Deep Plane.
This type of rhytidectomy treats the lower third of the face from under the ears to under the chin. A plastic surgeon performs a lower face-lift for patients whose main concern is loose jaw skin and deep wrinkles in the area between the lips and nose. The incisions are made in the middle ear. In some cases, it is necessary to make an incision under the chin.
How to prepare for facelift surgery?
Several measures should be taken into consideration when preparing for a rhytidectomy. These actions include:
- Stop taking blood thinners such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, warfarin, vitamin E, and supplements to reduce the risk of bleeding.
- Quit smoking.
- Prepare the remedies prescribed by the best facelift plastic surgeon in Dubai such as pain relievers, topical ointments, sterile gas, hydrogen peroxide, and tape, and leave them at home.
Consultation before facelift surgery
Consultation with a surgeon at the best plastic surgery clinic in Dubai is an important step. During the session, the doctor asks questions about cosmetic concerns and explains the details of the process, recovery, etc. to the patient. In this session, the patient’s medical history is reviewed and the facial skin and aesthetic goals are evaluated and a treatment plan is drawn. The surgeon will also explain the treatment options, techniques, and additional procedures needed to achieve an ideal treatment tailored to your unique needs.
Recovery after facelift
- Make the necessary arrangements with a friend or relative to accompany you during the first 48 hours after the facelift.
- To sleep and rest, place your head higher than your chest by placing two pillows.
- Do not sleep on your stomach for at least a week.
- Take medications prescribed by your doctor as directed.
- Avoid physical activities for 7 to 10 days.
- To control the swelling and reduce it in the treatment area after rhytidectomy, use an ice compress.
- If you experience bleeding, keep your head up, lie down and apply ice compresses on your face and neck with gentle pressure.
- Avoid taking medicines such as aspirin that increase blood pressure and the risk of bleeding.
- Do not bend down for a week after the facelift and always keep your head up.
- Be careful not to hit your face for a week.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight for at least a month.
- Wash the cuts with soap and water at least one to three times a day and apply antibiotic solutions and ointments prescribed by the doctor to prevent infection.
- Massage them with vitamin E for at least 6 weeks after facelift surgery to minimize the appearance of scars.
- Do not wear clothes that you have to pull over your face to take off.
- Do not smoke for at least two weeks after the rhytidectomy, to ensure the smooth progress of the healing and recovery process.
- For two weeks after surgery, keep the head and shoulders at a 45-degree angle by placing some pillows. Keeping the head elevated helps reduce bruising and swelling faster.
- For the first 5 days after surgery, avoid heavy activities and exercise your legs 4 to 6 times a day while lying in bed.
- During the first 72 hours after facelift surgery, apply an ice pack to the treatment area to help reduce swelling.
- If you have pain, use painkillers as prescribed by the best facelift surgeon in Dubai.
- During the first 48 hours after the lift, rest well.
- A light diet is the best option on the first day after surgery. Start eating with liquids and gradually move towards eating soup and soft foods. In the coming days, you can resume your normal diet.
- Be careful not to move the drains. The doctor will remove these tubes during the first day or two after surgery.
- The swelling of the face and eye area is normal. If it progresses to the neck area and the pain is not controlled by taking painkillers, contact the paramedic.
- Do not smoke for a while after rhytidectomy.
- After the drainage tubes are removed, clean the incision lines in front and behind the ears and under the chin with hydrogen peroxide diluted in water, twice a day. After that, use a thin layer of ointment prescribed by the Dubai plastic surgeon twice a day.
- After removing the dressing and draining tubes, wash your hair with baby shampoo. Do not use a hair dryer, hair conditioner, gel, etc. Use a cool blow dryer to dry your hair.
- You can resume your normal activities 3 weeks after the facelift.
- Your face and skin are sensitive to sunlight. Take care of your skin against the sun for 8 weeks. When leaving home, use a hat and don’t forget the sunscreen.
In which area of the face does the scar remain after rhytidectomy?
Facelift scars are created in the place where the incision is made to perform plastic surgery in that area. These scars usually remain in two places on the sides of the face: in front of and behind the ears. The scar in front of the ear starts from the hair growth line. The purpose of placing the incision in this position is to cover it with hair. The scar behind the ear starts from the lower posterior part of the ear and goes up to the place of hair growth.
Is a facelift painful?
Face lifting surgery is generally introduced as a painless process. The only thing that most patients complain about is swelling and bruising, which are temporary and will subside after the recovery period.
How long does a bruise last after a rhytidectomy?
Bruising will peak during the first two weeks and will improve significantly in the following weeks. To prevent it from getting worse, you should do post-operative care properly.
How long does a facelift last?
The face-lift is the process of tightening the skin and in some cases, the underlying muscles. The purpose of this cosmetic surgery is to restore the youthfulness of the facial skin. Most patients can benefit from the results obtained from the facelift process for up to 20 years, but perhaps the bitter truth that we have to accept is that youth does not last forever and the passing of the aging process and the appearance of its unpleasant symptoms, it’s inevitable. The longevity of the beautiful results obtained from a rhytidectomy depends on the quality of the surgery, your age at the time of the surgery, and the characteristics of your skin. Skin type is largely dependent on genetic and environmental factors such as sun exposure, smoking, diet, and exercise that affect skin elasticity.