Rhinoplasty or nose surgery is one of the cosmetic procedures that have many applicants among men and women. This surgery can be performed for cosmetic or medical purposes or both at the same time. Those who are not satisfied with the appearance of their nose or have breathing problems can have their nose operated. By visiting the best plastic surgery clinic in Dubai, Blue Angel Poly Clinic , you will be consulted by the best rhinoplasty surgeon and you will get the best result of nose surgery.
Considering rhinoplasty when:
- You are not happy with the size and shape of your nose
- You have breathing problems
- Your nasal septum has deviated
- You want to correct the nose tip deformities
If you are planning to have a rhinoplasty, you may have a cosmetic problem – such as a prominent nose tip, crooked nose bridge, or deviated septum – or a functional defect in your nose that needs treatment. When these issues are successfully addressed, you can see the countless potential benefits of nose job surgery, some of which include:
- Symmetrical and balanced face shape
- A more attractive shape in the nose that is in harmony with the other features of your face.
- A smaller and more proportionate nose that is in harmony with the rest of the face.
- A more attractive and smooth appearance by removing the hump and other defects from the nose
- Ability to breathe more easily
- Improved quality of life
- Increased self-confidence
Who are the ideal candidates for nose surgery?
Ideal candidates for rhinoplasty are generally people with good general health and beauty seekers who have reasonable expectations of treatment results. The best nose surgeon in Dubai is able to treat patients in different age ranges. The minimum age for girls to undergo nose job is 15 years old and for boys, 18 years old. It is also necessary for the patient to refrain from undergoing nose surgery until the completion of nose growth; Because performing surgery in this period of time can lead to changing the results after surgery. If you intend to achieve one or more of the following outcomes, nose surgery is your solution:
- Change in size, shape or angle of the nose
- Correcting functional injuries such as a deviated septum
- Improve breathing
- Smoothing the bump or depression on the nose
- Creating a symmetrical appearance
- Improving the appearance of the nostrils
Preparation before nose surgery
If you are planning to do nose job, the first step is to consult with the best rhinoplasty surgeon in Dubai. During the consultation session before the procedure, the doctor will help you gain a complete understanding of how nose job can help you achieve your aesthetic and functional goals. Also, all aspects of the process are discussed in this session.
Tell your doctor about your medical history and any medications you are currently taking or have recently taken. Blood abnormalities or other medical problems should also be evaluated. A good rhinoplasty surgeon will talk with other doctors to adjust your medications before the operation. If you suffer from sleep apnea, you will need a sleep test.
There are some limitation before surgery :
- Do not use drugs and medication containing aspirin for 2 weeks before nose job
- Stop smoking and avoid drinking alcohol
Based on the scope of your needs, the surgeon performs open or closed rhinoplasty surgery.
Open Rhinoplasty: Open technique involves making incisions inside the nose along with a small incision under the nose between the two nostrils. This process is usually used for more complex cases.
Closed rhinoplasty: In closed technique , incisions are made completely inside the nose. In both techniques, no scars will be visible after the healing process is over.
If you want a significant change in your nose or if you need a nose job because of an injury or trauma, the surgeon will usually recommend open technique . This process allows them to make precise changes in the underlying structure and fixes a wide range of aesthetic and functional problems. On the contrary, if your nose needs minor adjustments such as nose bridge correction, closed technique is an ideal achievement.
Rhinoplasty – Step by Step
Rhinoplasty may be performed under general anesthesia or local anesthesia. The nose surgeon chooses one of the types of anesthesia according to the patient’s condition.
According to the selected rhinoplasty technique – open or closed-, a good plastic surgeon in Dubai makes incisions. A closed technique makes all incisions inside the nose, on the other hand, the open technique makes a transverse incision on columella.
Correction of nasal defects
Using different techniques, the nose surgeon fixes the defects of the nose such as unevenness and hump on the bridge of the nose, wide nose, weakness of the nasal structure, nasal tip deformities, and other defects.
Suturing the incisions
After completing the rhinoplasty, the skin of the nose is placed in its previous position and the incisions are sutured. Immediately after the surgery, you will experience mild swelling, as the body’s normal reaction to the surgical process.
After rhinoplasty, you must perform post-operative care. As a result, the possibility of complications is greatly reduced and the final result will be very satisfactory.
- rest and sleeping are vital after the nose job. Elevated your head when you lay down to rest or sleep.
- Use ice compress to reduce swelling and pain.
- Take antibiotic and pain medications
- Avoid blowing your nose
- Do not take a part in strenuous activities
- Eat fresh and healthy foods
Areas where cartilage and bone can be adjusted to improve the shape of the nose are shown.
The nasal bridge can be narrowed by moving the bone inward, as shown by the arrow.
Who is not ideal candidate for rhinoplasty?
When we think about nose job surgery , the question that comes to mind is whether I am a good candidate for rhinoplasty or not? There are number of factors that exclude a patient from undergoing nose job:
- Those who are severely obese
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Heavy smokers
- People with blood disorders such as hemophilia
- People with mental problems
- People who do combat sports such as boxing, taekwondo, and wrestling
- People with certain diseases
With any major surgery such as rhinoplasty, you should always consider risks and possible complications. Bleeding, infection, and adverse reaction to the anesthesia are common complications of all kinds of surgery.
Other complications specific to nose job surgery:
- Difficulty breathing
- numbness in and around your nose which may be permanent
- asymmetrical nose
- septal perforation
The most exciting aspect of rhinoplasty is undoubtedly the final result. In general, you can see a difference in the shape, appearance and function of the nose during the first few weeks after but, sometimes it takes a year to see the final result of the nose job. During this period, the shape of the nose will settle and all the swelling and bruising will disappear
How much does a nose job cost ?
The exact cost of nose surgery in the best plastic surgery clinic in Dubai varies according to the complexity of the case. During the consultation, the doctor fully explains his proposed treatment plan and details the exact price for the procedure.
Choose the best plastic surgery clinic in Dubai
To get great results from nose surgery, you must visit a well-equipped and reliable clinic. Due to the fact that the best surgeons work in the best cosmetic surgery clinic in Dubai, by visiting there, you will reach your goal. When choosing a clinic, consider the following:
- rhinoplasty surgeon experiences in Dubai
- View a portfolio of clinic works
- The behavior of the personnel
Your initial consultation appointment
During your initial consultation, you will have the opportunity to discuss your cosmetic goals. Your surgeon will evaluate you as a candidate for rhinoplasty and clarify what nasal surgery can do for you. Once your surgeon understands your goals and medical condition, both alternative and additional treatments may be considered (see related procedures).
You should come to the consultation prepared to discuss your complete medical history. This will include information about:
- Previous surgeries
- Past and present medical conditions
- Allergies and current medications
Questions to ask your plastic surgeon
It is important for you to take an active role in your surgery and ask some important questions. Following there is a list including number of questions you should ask before rhinoplasty
- Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty?
- Are the results I am seeking reasonable and realistic?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for the procedure I am undergoing?
- Will I have any visible scars? Where will my scars be located?
- What kind of anesthesia do you recommend for me?
- What will be the costs associated with my surgery?
- What will you expect of me to get the best results?
- What kind of recovery period can I expect, and when can I resume normal activities?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- What are my options if the cosmetic outcome of my surgery does not meet the goals we agreed on?
Stitches after rhinoplasty
One of the concerns of rhinoplasty patients is whether there will be stitches left on the skin after the surgery. Due to the progress achieved in this field, the possibility of leaving the sutures of the nose surgery has decreased. All in all, many things are involved in this and increase the risk of leaving a stitch after the nose operation for some people. Among these factors are:
Surgical technique: rhinoplasty is performed in two ways, open and closed. In the closed method, because all incisions are made inside the nose, no stitches are left on the skin after the surgery. But if the open method is adopted, the possibility of not leaving a place for incisions will be more.
Skin thickness and type: Noses that have thick skin, such as fleshy noses, are more prone to leave traces of rhinoplasty stitches. But on the other hand, noses that have skin with normal thickness are less exposed to this problem.
Follow the aftercare tips: Taking the necessary care by the patient will lead to better healing of the wound and the place of the stitches, and the possibility of leaving the stitches of the nose surgery will be less.
Crooked nose after rhinoplasty
Some people notice a crooked nose after their recovery period is over. But what could be the reason for this? A crooked nose after surgery can happen for various reasons, one of the most important factors is the non-observance of care after nose surgery, which is provided to you by the best rhinoplasty surgeon in Dubai. During recovery, if you don’t protect your nose, sleep on your face, constantly touch and shake your nose, and engage in vigorous activities before the allowed time, all of them may cause your nose to become crooked.
Of course, this can have another reason, which is referring to a non-specialist. In this case, during the operation, he may not correct the crookedness of your nose, and after the operation, you will still see the crookedness of your nose. Sometimes due to surgical error, the nasal septum deviates, which shows us a crooked nose.